Despite all the heartache, there were some good things in 2008:
1. Watching the success of my one of my closest friends as a stand-up comedian.
2. Realizing that I don’t want to be an architect. I want to be something more.
3. Forming the Parido Family Foundation to benefit the people of Calbayog City, Phillipines.
4. Discovering my heart’s capacity to love someone so deeply. and then realizing I needed to love myself more.
5. Obama winning the election.
6. Watching 4 of my friends marry their Prince Charmings, and the proof that there is a perfect match for everyone.
7. Liza getting into her first choice med school and surviving the first semester.